Information for Health Care Providers interested in joining ASH
Download a membership form (PDF 120kb)
Benefits of ASH Membership for Health Professionals
- You are a member of a Society which restricts its membership to professionals who have AHPRA registration, or are members of the peak body for Social Workers.
- Access to professional training in hypnosis and applications in therapy.
- Access to advanced training workshops in the specialist applications of hypnotherapy.
- Affiliation with a pre-eminent professional hypnosis society of Australia, recognised nationally and internationally.
- Subscription to the Australian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis.
- Opportunity to purchase clinical handbooks published by ASH at reduced prices.
- Subscription to regular newsletters published by the Society, State Branches, and the International Society of Hypnosis.
- Opportunity to attend international and national hypnosis conferences at reduced registration.
- Opportunity to establish collegial relationships with professionals throughout the world, through membership of the International Society of Hypnosis, as a member of ASH.
Training Programs in Hypnosis
The Society runs a one-year training program in hypnosis and its applications to the therapies relevant to professionals eligible for membership of ASH. In some States, training is provided directly by the Branch, in others, training in provided in collaboration with a university.
Contact your State Branch for information about training available to you.
Applying for Membership of the Society
Membership of the Society is open to the following health care professionals who have a relevant degree from a Higher Education Training Provider recognized by the Australian Government: Chiropractors, Dentists, Medical Practitioners, Midwives, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Optometrists, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers & Speech Pathologists, with the proviso that :
- Such graduates are registered members of their profession where such a profession is a regulated profession or
- Where their profession is not regulated that they are a member of the pre-eminent professional body of their profession, as determined from time to time by Federal Council.
Applications for associate status with the Society are invited from members of the above disciplines. Complete the Membership Application Form and forward it to the Secretary at the Federal Office.
|Full membership for the full financial year is:||$198 including GST|
|New members joining between 1 January and 30 June pay:||$99 including GST|